Keeping Up with Sandy Vol.21: A Closure, Au Acceptance, Hello 22!

January 23, 2018

Hi there.

I'm not someone who briefly and casually introduce my self to the stranger with my full name. People usually call me by Sandy, but you can call me tonight of course; Sandy. And I have my LOVELY math-oriented motha who always remind me how old I’ll be in each passing decade.

Anyway, people have been tossing their metaphorical cookies upon hearing about my upcoming age-turn.





"22!! HOLLY TWENTY FUCKING TWO! OH NO. THE OTHER SIDE OF 22: BE SETTLED. Your friends will have ENGAGEMENTS! You'll attend tons of Bachelor Party, a reminder that some of your peers will get married faster. Welcome to the early twenties club!"

Did I went a little too far? lmao. But whatever, it already happened anyway.

It feels like I just graduated and done with uni shit a while ago, right? I haven't properly get a job that can make me afford a Kate Spade in a blink and now y'all telling me to settle down? Like what? Let's talk about it when I finally done sowing my wild oats so whichever guy happened to be there at the time would be the right one and I am not ready for that, at least now.

What I really want on my upcoming age is a stable job, gotta do shits to afford my necessity with my own money, help my parents paying their debts, travel some more and yeah, (if possible) I want to meet someone that can make my heart flutters lol. More than adoration that I usually feel when I meet someone. That kind of adoration isn't permanent nor last for a long time. Treat it like a glass of milk, leave for a few days and it will spoil itself naturally. For 21 years that I’ve lived, I can firmly say that my single days (so far) are the best, because my relationships always fell apart and ended up miserably. All of them, even the unofficial ones outside that. I wonder why am I not Taylor Swift yet. 


LMFAO. I forgot Tay has a song called 22. Coincidence, huh?

Actually I'm so stressed out in life recently that I think even my own heart developed some wrinkles and this stuff still bugging my head everytime before I sleep. Am I that 'incapable'? I hope I will find a day when I can resolve this, one day. (Hey, do I sounds funny desperate? Haha. Gak curhat. I really want to fix it, with or without anyone's help).

It is not without solid “jabs” when I say that my 21st is by far the most unbearable year in my life. I learnt a lot. My 21st for me is like a journey of bittersweet and strange finding that I can change, learning that I was wrong, finding a closure. Not forget how I fought for my own good, valuing failures. I learned even more that no one really knows nor will ever understand the magnitude of one’s struggles to oneself. I’m not gonna go on about how tough and complicated my year was, though it hit every aspect of my life. Everyone had it, everyone dealt with it their own way.

People are starting to freak me to get me settle down faster, but I was like: I have a pulse, a roof over my head, and still can have sate padang every damn week so I truly cannot complain. Can y'all please mind yourselves first? If tequila didn't kick you enough then get yourself a martini, stirred, not shaken.

I have no idea what my 22 will bring. Definitely more useless clothes and I will always find my self that no matter how hard I try to explain, they will still think that I'm just a silly girl who thinks a famous dancing rapping boy is cute. Yet it still amazes me how an unreachable strangers like them can bring so much impact to one’s life just by listening to what they says, and I’m not gonna keep their wise thoughts to myself. Again, somebody must have gone through so much in their lives to hit that level of maturity, without forgetting the fact that he/she too, is just a human being. Hence this post. 

"21 내가 제일 나가, now 22 아직 제일  나가" 

Y'all see the pun? Get what I mean? *smirks* 

---


So yeah. Hi, Ndy.

Together we’ve been through so much in life, whether we know each other really well or not. We love, we laugh, we learn, we got hurt, we hurt other people, we make mistakes, we cry, we’re depressed, we’re desperate, what have you. Whatever trials and tribulations this year have thrown you, whether you managed to handle it well or not, I hope we step into your new age turn with an open heart and mind.

That now you stepped on the 22nd season of your life, it still feel young. I hope as the older as you get, you can continue to appreciate the youth and the chances that you’ve been given. Despite everything, I hope that you’re genuinely happy.

As we grow up, together, we learn that even the one person that wasn't supposed to ever let us down, probably will. So take lots of pictures, laugh a lot and forgive freely. Please live life to the fullest, tell someone what they meant to you, speak out, hold someone's hands, comfort a friend in need, stay up late, do what you love, love what you do. Remember, every second you spend angry or upset is a second of happiness you can never get back.

And sweety, worry not. I know you have a lot of thing on your head, karena seberisik itu kepala lo nyet, but please know;

Know that it is okay to be human and to grieve over things your heart can’t bear in whatever way you might like. But like any adults should, just know when to stop, to let go, to fix things, to accept, or to move on.

Know that on some days you might skip your lunch just to save up more money to get by, other days you might be standing on your favorite place you didn’t even dare to wish you could fly to thinking how the hell did you finally get to be there.

Know that you are loved, you are kept fondly in someone’s thought, you are cared about, you are a human of immeasurable value.

Know that you are gifted so don't forget to count every goodness in your life and you can be whatever the hell your future proud self wants to be.

Know that a good heart goes a long, long way.

Know that although life is unfair, or sometimes, too effing unfair, it is also very very rewarding when you least expect it.

Know that music taste doesn't reflect who you are in your entirity (SO STOP FUCKING JUDGING, y'all look dumb a f for doing so). You're not 'deep' for listening to Old Brit Pop, not better than anyone else because your ass likes Jazz or Classics, nor you are lame for liking way too many mainstream music. Just listen to eveything you want to listen to, what your liking and don't give a single flying fucks for a racist and condescending shit. 

Know that as self-help(ish) as this whole thing sounds (HAHAHAHAHA), I sincerely wish you all the love, happiness and good things in life, yadda yadda.

Lastly, because it's your birthday we finna celebrate it, right? This is the only day that you can finally blasting this on your bluetooth speaker with a maximum volume.






Now get yourself a glass of sangria and let's cheers for a better year, and a stronger us.

Starting fresh, starting new.



-Still Sandy, your favorite annoying cherry with verbal diarrhea.



You Might Also Like

0 comment